Häfele interzum preview 2017
Häfele interzum preview 2017 –
interzum award “Best of the best” for new furniture connector
Experience “Micro Living” And “Smart Home” First Hand
Häfele thinks ahead and stays true to its motto “More life per square metre”. In Hall 7.1, Booth C040 the company will bring the entire furniture technology experience to life and present new products, innovative and smart ideas for the digital networking of furniture and rooms focused on the mega trends “Micro Living” and the “Smart Home”. Häfele will once again fulfil its traditional role as an innovator in the industry with two new furniture connectors that have just received the interzum award 2017. The one-piece Ixconnect spreading bolt 8/25 won the highest distinction with the “Best of the best” designation. Another prize was awarded for the new EasyStorage connector, a universal connector for furniture pieces. It cuts the assembly time of furniture pieces from the Easy Storage range in half, compared to conventional connectors. The furniture connectors on the podium are examples of comprehensive furniture competency as well as ‘Easiness. Engineered by Häfele’, a credo that has made simplicity and easiness for customers the top priority.
The international trends “Micro Living”, comfortable living in small spaces, and “Smart Home”, networking of furniture with their surroundings, intelligent control and adaptation to different living situations and daily routines of residents, challenge the furniture industry to develop appropriate answers. Häfele understands furniture, consistently expands its assortment as a system partner and always has his customers in view. During interzum, the company will show new ways to the future. Visitors will experience live and in person how intelligent furniture with advanced functions will shape and alter spaces; for example via Häfele Connect completely new dimensions can be explored with a smartphone app.
Häfele’s interzum team will summarize the challenges of our times in the three major theme areas “Micro Living”, “Smart furniture meets smart home” and “Furniture technology – A holistic view.”.
The Häfele concept “Micro Living” inspires with exciting creative functionality and points to new market opportunities for the furniture industry. It includes furniture ideas that fit into the new world of generally scarcer and increasingly more expensive living spaces and the fusion of living areas to new, often smaller units.
In this world, where the digitalization of living areas and home spaces and networking of the house are progressing in gigantic leaps, where the “smart home” is becoming a reality, networking and digital control are becoming increasingly important.
As an international market leader, Häfele knows the world of hardware technology, the furniture industry and furniture itself better than most others. The company has comprehensive experience and deep know how in all areas - from furniture design to interior fittings, opening and closing functions as well as the electrification of furniture. Häfele applies this expertise to the development of new products and inspiring ideas with a holistic view of furniture, tailored to the entire process chain of the service provision and especially to the needs of the furniture industry.
“Thinking ahead, for our customers in the furniture industry and for users of such smart furniture in a new era, that is our credo,” says CEO Sibylle Thierer.
Häfele Connect connects furniture and rooms
Häfele Connect is the new system that is key to smart, networked furniture and rooms. The internationally successful Loox LED lighting system for light and sound in furniture is the starting point. Thanks to its plug & play system and universal connectivity, furniture of all kinds can easily be electrified, even for future applications.
Intelligent software opens the way into the furniture by means of an app and will eventually facilitate complete room management. Opening, illuminating, and configuring: Häfele will demonstrate to industry and craftsmen what is already possible today, using real examples.
Häfele Concept. More than an idea: Furniture system for Micro Living
The densification of housing and the on-going migration into urban centres is what brings living itself into motion. Separating walls disappear, living spaces merge. What has long been a reality in the kitchen will soon be found in all other areas. When living spaces flow into each other and furniture defines the living space, the importance of the furnishings grows: the fittings define the furniture.
The Häfele Concept idea for flexible living and working in small spaces uses the example of a student and a business apartment to illustrate the direction for the future. Both apartments consist of industrial, modular grid furniture - an innovative idea that will give the industry new impetus.
Furniture technology – A holistic view – Many novelties
Furniture technology is becoming the driving innovation force for the new living environment. It gives the furniture the necessary space-saving flexibility for daily use, creates the prerequisites for comfortable living and working in small units. Against this backdrop, only a comprehensive and holistic view of furniture brings usable and future-proof solutions for industry and craftsmen.
Product highlights on the Häfele booth
At Häfele, there are many innovations in lighting, furniture connectors, cabinet systems, sliding door and flap fittings.
Amongst many other topics, the major topics in the innovation area revolve around:
- the Häfele Loox LED lighting system. With an update of many products it will become the entry point to Häfele Connect, the entry into the smart world of furniture and rooms. In the Loox tunnel, the Häfele Connect app controls smart products in real time use.
- Häfele Easy Storage – the cabinet organizer system. This is a complete system for fitting cabinets from a single source. Whether pull-outs or belt racks, whether it’s a shoe rack or suspenders, everything is possible in Häfele’s Easy Storage easy-to-use cabinet system, in one consistent design style and a single pattern. This way the industry can add value to its cabinets in a segment-appropriate manner. The system is available internationally.
The best however is, that all elements can be assembled and disassembled without the use of tools with the new connector, which just won the interzum award 2017. The current trend in furniture design is assembly without tools. The Easy Storage connector can be installed without the use of tools and reduces assembly time by 50% compared to screwed connections. It is also the heart of the cabinet and shelving system by the same name.
- Häfele ixconnect, the furniture connector range. In terms of innovation and experience Häfele is unbeatable. The new products, which can be integrated into any production process without change over, the small one-piece, tool-less useable and the large one-piece spreading bolt for efficient furniture construction, will inspire the industry. The little one has just won the interzum award 2017 “Best of the best”! Simplicity and speed during installation are its main traits. The invisibly mounted ixconnect spreading bolt 8/25 for assembly of light furniture is used with standard 8 mm holes. It connects furniture by pressure. Additional advantages: One product for all panel thicknesses as well as easy handling.
The new one-piece ixconnect spreading bolt 8/60, also invisibly installed, is designed especially for larger furniture using clever technology and creates new design and construction possibilities for the industry.
Last but not least, the Häfele ixconnect Tab15 shelf connector - a delicate new development that sets new standards.
- the Moovit MX drawer system. It has become even more convenient and flexible with new fluid dampers and new drawer side heights.
- the Häfele Slido sliding door system. It is now equipped with innovative all-round damping (soft-closing, centre door soft close and soft opening) for all applications. The simple installation of sliding hardware and damping is included.
- the Free flap fittings. They are celebrating their premiere in all conceivable opening methods, electrifiable and certified. The Free Flap 1.5, a particularly economical, plastic stay flap fitting for flap weights of 1-5 kg, gets a big brother for flaps weighing 1-8 kg at interzum.
- the Häfele Axilo plinth adjusting fitting system– the extended lever for cabinet levelling. Every kitchen installer knows the problems with the levelling of kitchen furniture over the plinth feet, in particular the rear ones ... Häfele’s clever new adjustment system puts an end to it. The adjustment is done ergonomically and back friendly from the front, with simultaneous monitoring of the level. All told one can save up to 50% of the assembly time. Small cause – great effect.
- The multi-functional mirror combines light with controls, demister and sound in one product, featuring intuitive operation via design touch keys or, for the sound via app, remote controlled and streamed via tablet or smartphone.
Customers benefit from Easiness. Engineered by Häfele
All new products from our own development and production, which are shown in the innovation area at the Häfele exhibit, embody our philosophy of easiness and simplicity.
“Easiness. Engineered by Häfele” – this motto is a program, because Häfele fitting technology is developed and positioned on the market to make life easier for manufacturers and consumers: easier to choose, to order, to process and, of course, in their use.
Comprehensive service offering
An integral part of such innovative fitting technology is a comprehensive range of services and advice from Häfele Industry Division EWW. Häfele Key Account Managers accompany the furniture industry along the entire process chain, from the development of new furniture to its delivery to the end user. In addition, they are also glad to be called upon to provide new ideas and to assist in meeting individual requirements. Together with their customers, Häfele engineers are constantly developing customer-specific, fitting solutions and variations that have become critical to the success in the furniture market.
The Häfele interzum exhibit will once again be a meeting point and an innovative marketplace for the industry. It is well worth to bring along a little extra time.
Further information is available from
Häfele GmbH & Co KG, Postfach 1237,
D-72192 Nagold, Tel: +49 7452 95-0,
Fax: +49 7452 95-200,