Mossley Hill Church
Client: Freewood Building Contractors
Architect: Denovo Design Ltd
Häfele products Used: Architectural Ironmongery
Building Type: Church
The Award-winning redevelopment of the beloved St Matthew & St James Church in Liverpool centred on creating a functional, accessible and engaging space for the local community to enjoy. The extension and refurbishment work, which centred on sustainability, enhanced existing facilities whilst adding a new café area and bathroom facilities.
Häfele were proud to supply a range of Architectural Ironmongery solutions to the project, including:
- High Grade Butt Hinges
- Mortice Deadlocks, Stainless Steel
- Guardsman Pull Handles
- Flush Pull Handles
- Fire Door Mandatory Signs
It was important to the client that the products supplied were hard-wearing and low-profile, in order to fit the aesthetic and withstand constant use. Accessibility was also a key consideration, so the new entrance was built to be fully accessible, with DDA compliance.
The project maximized the Church’s multi-functionality; accessibility, and, ultimately, the effectiveness of community engagement.
The project entailed:
- Reconfiguration of the main church
- Development of a services/refreshment pod
- Development of a new community cafe bar
- Extension and refurbishment of the existing Church Hall
- Development of a new access road and car park, with added vehicle entrance & exit
- The project was recognised with two awards at the International Green Apple Built Environment and Architectural Heritage Awards 2018 - hosted by the Green Organisation.